Contact Us: 250.727.7755  or  Email Us

Record Suspension (Pardons) Applications

Record Suspensions (formerly Pardons)

Commissionaires Victoria, the Islands and Yukon (CVIY) offers professional, low cost record suspension service for applicants who need help with the pardons process.

CVIY uses the latest digital technology for fast, efficient fingerprinting services to ensure you can start your process as quickly as possible.

CVIY’s Record Suspension/Pardon services :

  • are provided by professionals
  • are fast and efficient
  • are competitively priced

The completed service will cost you $300.00 plus GST, plus any additional disbursements for up to 3 convictions.

Record Suspension/Pardon Application Process
CVIY collects your personal information, including fingerprints and complete the background checks required for your application.

Our meticulous, professional service ensures that  your case is processed expeditiously. We will keep you informed at each stage of the process and all records will be returned to you once the record suspension/pardon application process is complete.

Please Note:

  • Police and court document costs will vary based on location and the number of offences.
  • You are responsible for record suspension/pardon application costs payable to the Federal Government.

Payment Methods

Our acceptable payment methods are cash, credit cards and debit.


To book an appointment please call 250-727-7755 or email us.


Who is eligible for a Record Suspension (Pardon)?

After completion  of the terms and conditions of your sentences, including payment of all fines and restitution, you must have completed a waiting period of:

  • 5 years for a summary offence (or a service offence under the National Defence Act).
  • 10 years for an indictable offence (or a service offence under the National Defence Act for which you were fined more than $5,000, detained or imprisoned for more than 6 months).
  • Individuals convicted of sexual offences against minors and those with more than three indictable offences, each of 2 years or more, are now ineligible for a record suspension.
A sentence may be a fine, probation, a jail term, surcharge or restitution. For the purposes of a pardon, a court order, which prohibits you from driving or possessing a firearm, is not considered as part of the sentence.
For further information, please visit the website of the Parole Board of Canada.

How to obtain a Record Suspension (Pardon)?

Record Suspensions are not issued automatically. To remove a criminal record, an application must be made under the Criminal Records Act (CRA) to the Parole Board of Canada(PBC). The person must have completed their sentence and shown that they are now a law-abiding citizen. The Parole Board of Canada issues, grants, denies or revokes pardons for convictions under federal acts or regulations of Canada. The PBC does this under the Criminal Records Act (CRA).
The Canadian Human Rights Act forbids discrimination based on a pardoned conviction. This includes services a person needs or the opportunity to work for a federal agency. The CRA states that no employment application form within the federal public service may ask any question that would require an applicant to disclose a pardoned conviction.

What is important to know about obtaining a Record Suspension (Pardon)?

You do not need a lawyer or a representative to apply for a record suspension. The Parole Board of Canada gives the same consideration to an application submitted by an individual or by a representative.The Parole Board of Canada has designed the process to be fair and equitable, the process cannot be expedited.

Who will grant my Record Suspension (Pardon)?

The Parole Board of Canada may grant or deny a record suspension. Commissionaires Victoria, the Islands and Yukon will provide you with the required support to make your experience stress free. For further information, please visit the website of the Parole Board of Canada.

What is a Purge?

Absolute or conditional discharges handed down by the court on or after July 24th, 1992 will automatically be removed from the CPIC data base one year (absolute discharge) or three years (conditional discharge) after the court decision. A person does not need to apply for a pardon if his/her criminal record consists only of an absolute or conditional discharge. For discharges, prior to July 24th, 1992, the individual must contact the RCMP requesting the removal of such charge.