Record Suspensions (formerly Pardons)
Commissionaires Victoria, the Islands and Yukon (CVIY) offers professional, low cost record suspension service for applicants who need help with the pardons process.
CVIY uses the latest digital technology for fast, efficient fingerprinting services to ensure you can start your process as quickly as possible.
CVIY’s Record Suspension/Pardon services :
- are provided by professionals
- are fast and efficient
- are competitively priced
The completed service will cost you $300.00 plus GST, plus any additional disbursements for up to 3 convictions.
Record Suspension/Pardon Application Process
CVIY collects your personal information, including fingerprints and complete the background checks required for your application.
Our meticulous, professional service ensures that your case is processed expeditiously. We will keep you informed at each stage of the process and all records will be returned to you once the record suspension/pardon application process is complete.
- Police and court document costs will vary based on location and the number of offences.
- You are responsible for record suspension/pardon application costs payable to the Federal Government.
Our acceptable payment methods are cash, credit cards and debit.
Who is eligible for a Record Suspension (Pardon)?
After completion of the terms and conditions of your sentences, including payment of all fines and restitution, you must have completed a waiting period of:
- 5 years for a summary offence (or a service offence under the National Defence Act).
- 10 years for an indictable offence (or a service offence under the National Defence Act for which you were fined more than $5,000, detained or imprisoned for more than 6 months).
- Individuals convicted of sexual offences against minors and those with more than three indictable offences, each of 2 years or more, are now ineligible for a record suspension.